Napa County Criminal Defense Lawyers
Facing the criminal justice system is stressful. It can also be humiliating, confusing, and fraught with uncertainty. What will happen? Will you go to jail? Will you lose your job? Will your friends, co-workers, or even your family look at you differently? What will the financial damage be? The situation may feel hopeless when you are suddenly at the mercy of law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges. It can seem that the momentum is on their side and that more people wish to see you punished than anyone who believes you are innocent until proven guilty.
What to Look For in a Criminal Defense Attorney
When searching for a criminal defense attorney in Napa County, there are several things to consider:
- Experience: Look for an attorney who has experience handling cases similar to yours. It's also important to find an attorney who is familiar with the local courts and the local legal system.
- Reputation: Look for an attorney who has a good reputation in the legal community. You can check reviews and ratings online, as well as ask for recommendations from friends, family, or other legal professionals.
- Communication: It's important to find an attorney who is responsive and communicative. You want to feel comfortable asking questions and discussing your case with your attorney.
- Fees: Criminal defense attorneys usually charge hourly rates or flat fees. Make sure you understand the fee structure before hiring an attorney.
- Consultation: Many attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Take advantage of this opportunity to meet with the attorney and discuss your case.
You can search for criminal defense attorneys in Napa County using online directories, such as FindLaw or Avvo. You can also contact the Napa County Bar Association for a referral to a criminal defense attorney.
“Awesome, awesome firm. Ryan by far excided my expectations. He has a close relationship with all the players in Napa county's the DA's office. Has worked with them for many years.” - Shaun K.
“My husbands case was resolved fairly and no jail time :). I HIGHLY RECOMMEND RYAN WILBER'S SERVICES TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.” - Astrid M.
“If you need legal help I fully recommend them! If your looking for an experienced trial lawyer this is the team you want to hire.” - William H.
Why Choose Wilber Law Offices?
When you retain our services, you will be getting the benefit of our team approach. This includes the combined knowledge, skills, and experience of all of our accomplished attorneys working together on your behalf. We start by listening to you, understanding your concerns, and the details of your case. We then do our own investigation into the facts and circumstances to thoroughly prepare your case for any eventuality, including a trial. As seasoned trial lawyers, we are not afraid to fight for your best interests in court if that is the best way to seek an optimum result.
At our firm, we know that what we do, the effort we make, the tenacity of our commitment, and the level of advocacy we give our clients have a great deal to do with the results we obtain. While no guarantees can ever be made in any legal case, you can count on us to aggressively protect your rights and fight for the best possible outcome. We know that your freedom and future may be on the line. Our team takes that seriously and we are here to work solely for your best interests as we guide you through the legal process.
If you want to learn more about how the DUI process works, click here to view our easy to navigate diagram.
Penalties for Criminal Charges in Napa County, CA
Penalties for criminal charges in Napa County, CA vary depending on the severity of the crime and the defendant's criminal history. Some common penalties for criminal charges in Napa County, CA are as follows:
- Infractions: Infractions are minor offenses, such as traffic violations or other non-criminal offenses. The penalties for infractions in Napa County can include fines, community service, or other minor penalties.
- Misdemeanors: Misdemeanors are more serious offenses, such as DUI or drug possession. The penalties for misdemeanors in Napa County can include fines, probation, community service, or up to one year in jail.
- Felonies: Felonies are the most serious offenses, such as murder or rape. The penalties for felonies in Napa County can include fines, probation, community service, or imprisonment for more than one year, up to life in prison or even the death penalty.
- Juvenile Offenses: For juvenile offenses, the penalties can include probation, community service, or placement in a juvenile detention center.
It is important to note that the specific penalties for criminal charges in Napa County can vary depending on the circumstances of the case and the defendant's criminal history. It is advisable to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in Napa County to understand the specific penalties that you may face.